Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Signature may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
· When you create an Signature account, register your products, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class at an Signature Training Session, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
· In the U.S., we may ask for your Social Security number (SSN) but only in limited circumstances such as when setting up a wireless account and activating your web based device or when determining whether to extend commercial credit.
How we use your personal information
· The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Signature’s latest product announcements, web services, weather services, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
· We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
· From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Signature, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
· We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Signature’s products, services, and customer communications.
· If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
· We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a Signature product is used so that we can better provide on-line support and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
You may wish to disable cookies. If so, and depending on which web browser you’re using proceed accordingly to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Signature website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Signature may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Signature may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Signature to provide products and services, or that help Signature market to customers. For example, when you purchase a web control package and activate your data plan on your satellite modem or smart phone, you authorize Signature and its carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Signature and its carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by Signature to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Signature shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Signature operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Signature to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Signature takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Signature online services such as the Signature Online Store and Signature Weather, Signature ET Service, Signature Care, eAurora, eConstellation, Ez-Pro Live, and Avior services, all use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some Signature products, services, or applications or post on a Signature forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account via www.signaturecontrolsystems.com. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Signature is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Signature websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Signature employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2000-2014 Signature Inc. All rights reserved.
Signature Control Systems, Inc., 16485 Laguna Canyon Rd Suite 130.
Updated on January 24, 2012.